Thursday, October 4, 2007

I like games

An anonymous person commented on my last post saying that I need to write more. This one's for you anonymous commenter!

I am 26 years old. I feel that I have done amazingly well at staying out of relationships. While I do not consider this an accomplishment, my lack of effort in this area has surprised even myself. It wasn't until about a year ago that I started making what anyone might consider an effort. I had no drive before that point.

I have been in two relationships since then. It has fascinated me how the two of them have ended. The first was a relationship with a long time friend. Even with friendship as a basis (admittedly a shallow one), that relationship was doomed to failure thanks to a lack of communication and an amazing degree of incompatibility. Despite our differences, ending that relationship was hard on me. It had meant a lot to me.

The relationship that currently intrigues me the most has been the one I have most recently ended. Unlike the first, I cannot think of any major areas of incompatibility or hang-ups. I went out with her a couple of times a week for over a month. We have similar tastes and interests, similar goals... She seemed to be smitten by me and I couldn't help but feel like I should have been smitten in return. I just wasn't. I ended the relationship last Friday, not because of difficulties and differences, but rather INdifference.

I find it interesting that it can be difficult to end a relationship with someone that just isn't that right for me and then have no problem ending a relationship with someone that seems to fit me very well.

This blog feels a little uninspired, but it's what has been on my mind lately.

No comments: