Monday, June 23, 2008

House - Sitting

I don't really have anything significant to talk about. I just thought I'd talk about my weekend and post a couple of photos I took.

So, my old boss asked me to do some house-sitting for him again. I stayed there over the weekend. He lives up in the Olympus Cove area and has a nice view of the valley. He has me stay there in order to take care of his dog. Her name is Emma. She is the neediest dog that I have ever met. She will not leave you alone. You have to be showing her some sort of attention or she will keep pestering you. I have a strange love/hate relationship with her. She drives me crazy, but she's so sweet that it's hard to hold it against her. I usually scold her when she keeps bumping my arm while I'm on the computer, trying to get me to pet her. She stops for a little while and then comes back for more. After awhile it can become fairly humorous that she doesn't give up, then annoying again, then humorous again. I think you get the idea.

They have a fairly overgrown yard and it allows for some fun picture taking. I found this worn soccer ball lying in the tall grass. I really liked the look and texture of the ball.







You can't go wrong with a sunset. I posted one a couple of posts back, but I'm going to post another. While I was taking Emma on a walk one of the evenings, I noticed that it was going to be a very nice sunset, so I hurried back to the house and grabbed my camera. Here's a shot that I took from the house balcony.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooh that sunset picture is pretty!

Lynz said...

sounds very similar to my situation with coop and aubree's dogs. they both need alot of attention espeically the puppy they would always walk in front of my feet to the point i would almost trip and jump up on me. ahhhh and slober all over me ahh lol just kiddin it wasn't that bad. me and lizzy got along pretty good she started sleeping on the bed i slept in at their house. oh BTW what kind of camera do you have? it takes really good pictures! i'm in the market for a new camera that's why i ask

Incognito_one said...

I have a Nikon Coolpix. It seems to be pretty good. I'm not sure that I would buy it again, though. I kind of like Tyler's Cannon. I prefer how his shots turn out.

Kite Potter said...

Ah, I was overjoyed to see you writing again... I myself have not for some time.

Anyway, I just house-sat for two crazy dogs and five cats. Just be glad the dogs didn't HAVE to sleep with you! that was rough!

Lynz said...

I have an older nikon coolpix and i don't really like it. it takes too long inbetween shots processing. the cannons are pretty good little camera's though. Sam has a cannon powershot and really likes it. that's the one i've been thinking about. my friend swears by cannons he's a pretty good photographer and has one of those expensive one's with the big lens. that's the only thing he buys