Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Constitution Dies Tomorrow

"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."
Ben Franklin

Here are a few short, but pointed words I found about today's FISA vote:

"Over 200 years ago, we enshrined the rule of law as the only monarch in America. Tomorrow, the Senate will likely vote to shred that precedent. Democrats, "compromising" with Republicans, will act together, in a bipartisan fashion, to destroy your right to be free from search without a warrant

After months of fighting, Constitutionalists everywhere will lose this battle to a corrupt establishment in collusion with a lawbreaking president."

The article mentions how Obama is going back on his word and makes a couple of other points

3 comments:

Michael said...

Not that it's any surprise, but things haven't gone too well with the amendments that would have at least attempted constitutional preservation. Don't expect any better on the main bill. Eghh.

j said...

Have you become a democrat Ronner?

Incognito_one said...

I'd consider myself open to hearing what both sides have to say. Moderate, independent....not sure what you'd call me.

The problem is, it seems to me that the original stances of both parties have become overshadowed by hot moral topics of the day, rather than party policy.

At the moment, I would say that I lean more Republican. A blogger named bdawg (who's page is blocked to me) commented on a friends blog and said this:

"I was talking with a parent about politics once, and their child, I think about five, just asked "What is a Republican?"

The dad scratched his head and then said "Republicans are the party who support personal responsibility and accountability and freedom."

Democrats = we fix the world and keep you safe from bad things and give you a (free?) education?

Republicans = we leave you alone and let you suffer the consequences of your own decisions?

For the record, I'd much, much, much rather be free than be equal."

It's kind of simplified, but I think I mostly stand with bdawg.